Saturday, October 22, 2011

on meeting new people

This week I am meeting with some new folks.  Some are new to our church and some don’t even attend.  Maybe they never will. 


Sometimes I am an introvert and I want to crawl into a cave and hide.  Other times I am loud and funny [or annoying depending upon your view.]


I always enjoy meeting new people.  New people are an opportunity to get to know another slice of God’s creation.  Who knows what I may learn from them.  And if the moment is right, I will be able to tell all my jokes over again to an unsuspecting audience.


I think my heart goes out to new people.  Who have you met lately?  Did you smile at them?  Someone once said, “a stranger is just a friend that you haven’t yet met.”


It’s a beautiful day in God’s world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I can't look at that forest photo on your blog, without thinking of this year's scary walk through that thing, where you got lost and met a new friend on the path to finding your way back to daylight.

Today's post reminded me that your Christian life and pastoral walk is always on the right path, and today's post about meeting new people is one more example of how you continually inspire us to walk down the right path. The inspiration and teaching you share is every bit as much with your life as with your written or spoken words.

God bless. Keep those walking shoes on. And keep believing, even when you see only one set of footprints.