Wednesday, July 11, 2012

prosperity

Prosperity.  Compared to the rest of the world, probably every single person that reads this is prosperous.  Why do I say that?  Well here are two good signs for you.......1.  you have access to a computer.  2. you can read.

We tend to look at the world and think that we need more.  More stuff.  Well, I keep thinking, "why did God give us this stuff in the first place?"  How much is enough?

If a person can retire in a small home, with a car that runs, that should be enough.  That is more than most people in the world will ever have.  Throw in a dog or a cat and you have everything that you need.

The rest of it?  Well, that is God's gift to you so that you can help others.  We are not prospered for our own pleasure.  We are prospered so that we can do God's work.  How much of what God gives you do you give to others?

My very best days are not the days when I got some new something for myself.  My best days are when I can look back and see something that I participated in that was a gift to someone else.  We are blessed not for ourselves, we are blessed to be a blessing to others.

Those who know this, find much joy in life.  For everyone else- try it, you'll like it.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: