Tuesday, May 7, 2013

bad read


It happens sometimes. We think we know…. we think we have it or them figured out. We are working off our instinct or a past circumstance or a past relationship.  Our experiences guide us and that isn’t always such a good thing. We can never really know the entire story. The where or the why behind what made that person seem that way to us. We tend to forget it could be as simple as they are having a bad day or week etc….. It could run deeper.  We forget the time we were there ourselves. Bottom line is we don’t know. But it affects us. So it is our response that we need to consider before we make a mistake, a judgment….. a bad read.

Peace,
Lion’s Den Man

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so true. I was just thinking of this. My son was recently hospitalized this week and I have been to visit him at every opportunity. The thing that has been so heartbreaking is to see the other children who have no visitors. They watch me walk to my son's room and I can read their faces. I don't know their story. I don't know the family's story. Some I've gotten to "know" and I give a smile or a high five and ask about their day. But the kids and I both know it's a lame substitute. I try not to judge the reasons that there is no stampede of parents waiting to get in during visiting hours. I just pray that things get better for those little guys and that their families can heal as well. As a Christian, I wonder what I can do to help? I don't know the answer. I think the best you can do sometimes, it just be as loving and kind to everyone you meet, even when you don't know their story.