Wednesday, September 4, 2013

weight loss

Someone asked how I lost the weight, how much I have lost and how I have kept it off.

Ok, I hate to talk about stuff this personal, but here goes.  Between May 2nd and November 15, 2012 I lost 45-50 lbs.  The amount fluctuates because our weight in general fluctuates. 

During that time, I simply did what everyone tells us to do.  More fruits, more vegetables.  Less fat.  No desserts, no biscuits and gravy, no junk food.  Smaller portions.  No eating after dinner.  If I need a snack in between meals it would be an apple or an orange.  Smaller portions.  No more diet coke. 

Cut the carbs.  Eat more protein.  Less bread.  All carbs turn to fat if not consumed.  This process got my weight down.  I exercised a little bit, but not that much.  I am not a big exercise person.  Losing weight is simply math.  Fewer calories in that what a person expends. 

I know folks that exercise but don't lose weight.  What we don't realize is that it would take 4 hours of running to work off one piece of cake.  Diet is the main ingredient to weight loss.

I eat fruit for breakfast, or two eggs.  For lunch I eat a tuna sandwich on 45 calorie bread.  Or if I go out, I eat a chicken sandwich on lettuce instead of bread.  I avoid pasta and pizza.

Speaking of pizza, I miss pizza.  It's kind of sad.  I miss diet coke too.  But I feel a lot better.  For those who asked, that's how I did it and how I keep it all in check.  So far, so good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good!! Kudos.

Anonymous said...

WHAT?? You lost and kept off all that weight without drinking those yukky green shakes people are raving about. Yuk!! Me neither.