Sunday, June 22, 2008

Home

There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home. So said Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. She was right.

We are creatures of habit and creatures of comfort. It is good for me to be home from the missions trip. It is good to see my family and "my peeps" as my son would say. It is good to see how much the flowers and trees have grown while I was gone.

My bed, my chair, my yard. Ahh, the comfort of home.

For the christian, we are always at home in the comfort of God's love. Even when things are tough, God's loving hand is present to comfort and guide us. You are never a stranger in the circle of God's love. As Amy sang last Sunday, "there are no orphans of God."

If you have been away, come home and rest in God's love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: