Wednesday, September 26, 2012

older

When I was younger, I wanted to know more about God.  I wanted to learn all of the right doctrine.  I wanted to be sure that I was right all of the time and had all of the right answers.

Now, I am older.

The more I know, the more I know that I don't know.  I am no longer content to know doctrine.  I want to know God.  I realize that my thoughts about Him can never contain or capture him.  Instead, I want to get lost in the wonder, the joy, the goodness, the glory of our Father.

I know now that I do not and will never have all of the right answers.  But I can point you in the direction of the one who shares our burdens and loves us unconditionally.  For me, that has become enough.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: