Now you know what some folks like to say about the homeless... they should get a job. They are lazy. They are ...
This random human said something that I have never thought of. And there is a thought, 69 years old and I got a new thought!!! I love that.
Anyway, this person brings up the story from Mt. 25 about the sheep and the goats. In the story, the righteous are separated from the wicked by how they treat the "least of these."
"If you did it to the least of these, you did it unto me."
This person said something that I found to be profound. They said, "there are no conditions in the story."
Those who are thirsty are not asked if they were lazy and forgot their canteen. Those who are hungry are not asked if they have a job. Those in prison are not asked the reason for their incarceration.
They are just helped by the righteous. No conditions. No questions asked. Those who have the worlds goods are just helping those who do not. No conditions.
Reminds me of one of my favorite passages-
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:17-18
If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:17-18
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.
- - - - - - - -
Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info
Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information
No comments:
Post a Comment