You are hurting, you may even be seething with anger over what happened.
The worst thing that a person can do in such a situation is to try and get even by hurting the other person back. All that does is hurt you.
There are many things that we can do to avoid the natural inclination to hurt back. Here are some ideas.
- Go for a walk or exercise.
- Watch a movie, get your mind off of what happened.
- Talk to a friend that can listen and help you process it.
- Go somewhere by yourself. Kick a tree and scream.
- Pray - even pray for them. We can't hate someone and legitimately pray for them at the same time.
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.