Wednesday, February 8, 2017

softball

My friend Dan sent me this picture.  I told him that it was terrible, but it is really very funny.  You see, Dan played third base and was one of the best players on the team.  I was the second baseman, the right fielder and finally the catcher.  I was the catcher for most of my years, and we played for 10 years anyway.

I want to  defend myself.  I was the catcher for the following reasons:
1.  I played catcher in little league growing up
2.  I liked playing catcher
3.  I was good at it [that is debatable.]
4.  finally, I must admit that Dan is right, I was in fact the worst player on our team.

But it was still fun to play.  When I would come up to bat, all of the outfielders would move in.  The fans in the stands would leave to buy a hot dog.  I could hear the other players kids making fun of my kids.... "Oh look, your Dad is up, this is an out for sure."  My oldest daughter Alli would reply, "I don't know for sure that he is my Dad."

Oh what fun we had.

Dan is coming to visit  me in March.  Pack your glove Dan and maybe we will have a catch in the front yard.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: