Saturday, February 4, 2017

Joel

My friend Joel passed from this life on Tuesday of this week.  He was 45 years old.

Joel was such a great man.  Good people.  A big K-state wildcat fan.  A member of our church.  We played softball together for years.  He was one of the gang, one of the guys.

He was one of the few people in this life who chose to call me Jeffrey.  I have no idea why he did that.

He loved his extended family, his wife and children.  He was a hard worker.  He had a delightful, ornery sense of humor.  When he got cranked up and started laughing, everyone else laughed too.  His laugh would go from a he he he to a chortle to a cackle.  He brought joy into every moment.

He fought a long hard battle against cancer.  He never waiver from his trust in God.  Now he is at peace.

Before I left for Florida I went by the office to see him and say goodbye.  I will miss him.  It doesn't seem right that we lose such a good man so young.  But we must put our trust in our God.


No comments: