Saturday, February 18, 2017

my phone is ringing

My phone is ringing.  Who is it?

Will it be a child with an issue?
Will it be an anonymous call about a pay day loan that I did not take out?
Will it be you, my long time friend?

Nothing makes a heart more glad then to look down at your cell phone and see that it is a long time friend calling in.  You know when you see someone's name on your phone and it makes you feel happy, that this is a great person.

Let me say a word about the phrase "long time friend."  The first person to use this phrase with me was my long time friend, Paul Dodds.  But over the years, I have stolen it and taken it on as my own.  Oh the joy of long time friends!  Oh the joy of new friends that you know are going to become long time friends.

If you call me, I know my face will light up when I see that it is you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: