Wednesday, February 22, 2017

a thought on worry

Most humans worry.  Worry is buying trouble.  It is being concerned about something that has not yet, and may never come to be.

We worry about our kids.  We worry about our health.  We worry about politics.  We worry about what others think of us.  We can become totally consumed with our issues, especially if it involves our kids.

So here is what I am thinking..... for conversation sake lets say, yes there is a real problem with this or that.  But, do I really want to spend the next 20 years being worried sick about that thing?  Can I add one inch to my height by worrying?

Fact of the matter is, when we allow ourselves to be consumed by worry, we become completely turned in, self consumed, and self absorbed.  We can no longer help others or care in a Christlike manner because we are lost in our problems.  When we worry, God is not glorified.  When we worry, we are choosing to live our lives in a mash of sorrow and concern and folks God hopes for better for us.

Yes I am concerned for my kid, or what ever my problem is, but I still have to give my life to God today.  Lets love those we are concerned about.  Lets pray for them.  But then let us put them down and get on with life.  There are scores of people out there in life today who are waiting for you to reach for them.

Let go of your worry so that your heart and hands are free to embrace this glorious life that God has given us.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: