Thursday, January 24, 2019

Brexit

Jo Cox
I watched the movie Brexit the other night.  It is a movie about the 2016 vote that took place regarding England's decision to leave the European Union.  A good show all in all I thought.

In the middle of the campaign, with both sides vying for voters, a member of parliament was assassinated.  Jo Cox, a 42 year old politician who was against leaving the EU.  She was shot and killed by a man who was in favor of leaving the EU.

I had a couple of thoughts that I wanted to share.

First, it is tragic when a country is so polarized that people want to kill each other over some agenda.

Finally I was saddened by the story of her death.  So senseless.  So unnecessary.  We are so frail.  Here today and gone tomorrow.

So live your life with kindness to all and savor every day.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - - -
I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl19030419g17768#.Wt84h7lRHcs

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

No comments: