Thursday, October 8, 2026

Bitter or better

I have written about this before but I have a new thought.  [from Plum Johnson's book]

There is an old saying, as we age, we can get bitter or we can get better.  We can grow old with grace or we can become a sniveling, whining snob, insisting that the world will not align itself to make me happy.

Someone witnessed a grouchy old person and commented, "I don't understand how they could arrive at old age and still be a snob.  Didn't they learn anything along the way."

Didn't they learn anything along the way?

May we all learn to find grace and be graceful.  May we avoid the bitter and always choose the better.  Gosh we have lived a long time... isn't it time that we learned to find and give love?


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - -

Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info

Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information

click here for Canada New England cruise info

No comments: