Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve

Last night I sat around and listened to people share how happy they were that they were off on New Years Eve.  Others complaining that they had to work.  I thought it was an odd discussion.  Doesn't every body work seven days a week?  Isn't there always something that we have to do?  Sure seems like it to me. 

Seems like in life, you have to lean into the plow and keep working at it.  You take your rests when you can.  That is just the way the world seems to work to me.  No reason to complain, you just get up every day and keep going, and look for the good along the way.  Not very scientific, but it seems to be working.

I have great memories of New Years Eve's.  Invited over to someone's house.  Games, snacks, stories.  You fall into bed late at night and tomorrow the new year starts.  The older I get, the faster it is all going by.

If you have the day off today, enjoy it.  If you have to work, enjoy that as well.  It is all good.  Life is good.  Rain or shine, snow or not.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: