Saturday, December 22, 2012

the end it isn't

Please join me in putting no stock in any future predictions of the end of the world.  In my lifetime I bet that I have heard of 50 different end of the world predictions.  The middle east is always in turmoil.  Please don't rush out and buy the books the next time that there is a big war in the middle east.

We just don't know about these things.  There is no reason for us to get ourselves all excited about trying to predict the end.  We can not do it.  When we try, we are simply engaging in speculative theology.  It wastes our time and it is not glorifying to God. 

Do you want to please God?  Then stop worrying about the end, and start being concerned with today.  Who can I love?  Who can I help?  How can I use the resources God has given me to bless someone else?

A long time friend sent me this version of a famous scripture.  I found it humorous....
"Of that day and hour knoweth no May-an."

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: