Sunday, February 17, 2013

Let's Pray

This morning I was polishing off the last few edges on the sermon notes.  At the end, I always write, "Let's Pray" so that I remember to lead a prayer after the sermon.

I typed a typo.  I typed a Freudian slip.  I typed....... "let's pry."  I immediately started to laugh.  I got to thinking about our prayers.  Is it praying or is it prying?  Are we trying to leverage something out of God or are we just trying to be with Him?

Anthony deMello used to say that I am not praying in the best sense when I am only asking for things- but prayer in it's best sense is simply spending time with God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always something to be thankful for. Let us pry is better than typing lettuce spray. Oh well.