Friday, October 7, 2016

Hurricane Matthew - Final

Well,  the wind finally died down enough so that I could climb up on the roof and see it's condition up close.  And, good news............. the roof is in perfect shape.  It is amazing, considering the winds that we experienced.   There was however, about half of an oak tree on the roof.  10,000 lbs of branches, acorns, sticks and leaves - all on the roof.

Several have asked about power.  We have been without power since 2 am this morning.  Considering our damage situation, it is a small price to pay.

We are very grateful for every thought and every prayer sent this way.  And for the record, I don't know that I want to do another night like last night.  Next time we will evacuate.  Unless my wife and daughters tell me different.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: