Thursday, October 6, 2016

The Giving Group

In Kansas City I recruited a group that I called "The Giving Group."  These were folks that were not offended if I from time to time sent them an email about something that I needed help raising money for.  Over the years, they provided scholarships for pastors to go on mission trips, helped with sound system issues, and donated for children's wing upgrades.

I find it odd that Christians should feel funny about being asked to give.  But I guess sometimes churches ask too much.  But there is a joy in living the generous life.  There is a joy in participating in those special needs.

Cape Coral First has some issues that at some point we will need to raise some funds to address.  If you are interested in being a part of a group that I can explain these things to via email, if you are not offended by an occasional opportunity to go the second mile, please let me know and I will add you to the Cape Coral giving club.  I would send an email about a need no more than 4x per year. Everyone is welcome, regardless of the size or ability of a gift. Let me know if you want to be on the team.

Thanks for your heart of generosity for the work of the Lord.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.





No comments: