Thursday, November 3, 2016

Mayan Temples


I could never understand how Mayan temples, in fact, entire villages could get covered up with vegetation in such a short time.  Being from Kansas City, things die off in the winter.  The growing season is shorter.

When we bought the house in Florida, I started having to trim plants and trees.  Oak trees, bird of paradise [12' tall], ginger, hedge, palm trees, viburnum and the list goes on.  Any time I am there, there is something to trim.  Nothing ever stops growing.  I am not at the house every week, but if I were, there would be a pile like this out at the street every week.  It is amazing how fast things just keep on growing here!

And so I think of how many people get stuck in life and stop growing.  How would our lives improve if we were all open and willing to keep stretching and growing!  We never arrive in this life, we should always be in growth mode, moving towards our God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Again, welcome to Florida n know that because of God's bountiful nature, I am out there working too and remind myself I am glad I am able to do so