Tuesday, October 6, 2020

kneeling in prayer


Yesterday I was struck with a need to pray.  I thought of some of the things in my life and some of the things in the lives of others that I know.  I started to cry.  I thought of the pandemic.  I thought of the person who came up to me after church on Sunday with tears in their eyes.

I went to the sanctuary to pray.  I was going to kneel down at the rail and talk it all out with God.  But that did not work out as there was a meeting going on in the sanctuary and I wanted to pray in private.

I will go back though and have my time.

And I thought about this one thing that the pandemic cannot take from us.  That is the ability to go to our church and find a place to kneel and pray.  I don't know about you but it seems to work better for me when I am actually in the sanctuary at the rail.

If you are a pastor, remind your folks that they can come during the week and pray.  If you are a member, I hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to sneak into your church and find your place at the communion rail.

Prayer is good for the soul.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.


No comments: