Wednesday, October 28, 2020

saving or loving

 I used to think it was my job to get people saved.  Believe this and you are in.  Boom - notch in my gun.  Believe this and you are good, you are like me.

I used to think it was my job to help people get saved.  I don't think that anymore.

Today I believe in something that I think is much more healthy and much more powerful.  Today I believe that it is my job to love you.

If I am trying to save you, you are an object, a project, and you are in danger of my bad theology and manipulation.

If I am loving you, well, that is the good stuff.  If I set out to love people, God is in the middle of that, because God is love.  If I am loving you, then the Holy Spirit is right in the middle of that and eventually he will reach you.

I think the world would be a better place if we stopped making people our projects and just loved them.  The Pharisees were always trying to convert people.  Jesus just loved them.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: