Wednesday, November 4, 2020

savoring

 I was talking to a friend the other day about death.  About losing friends and loved ones.  It really stinks when those we love die.  It is so final.  It is such an insult.  There is nothing that we can do about it.

But, if I die first, I don't want you to be sad.  As soon as possible, I want your mourning to turn to a savoring.  Remembering the good, the fun, the joy.  Ohhh we lived!!!

But if you die first, I want you to know something that I have learned from the death of my father... it is possible for a person's grief to turn to a savoring.  I missed my dad and I hurt for the loss of him for years.  Now I miss my dad and I am thankful for him.  I love him still, I savor the good.

If you are aching from the loss of a loved one, may God soon turn your grief into an appreciation, a savoring.

And let us all remember that we will be together again!

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: