Thursday, September 17, 2026

feeling sorry for myself

I was watching the movie, "Those who wish me dead" on Netflix.  Angelina Jolie is the star.  In the movie, she meets and helps a young boy.

She has her own problems, but after meeting him and talking with him, she says, "It is impossible for me to feel sorry for myself when I am around you."

That struck a cord with me.

I have my problems.  I have my history.  Some of you know of my pain.   If you don't, I would tell you that some of what I have faced in my life would bring you to tears.  But then I have met people like this boy in the movie.

When I hear the stories of others, I realize that they have had it much worse.  Their spouse died.  Their children died.  They lost everything.  They have cancer.

And I realize that I cannot feel sorry for myself when I am around them.

Maybe I shouldn't feel sorry for myself at all.  What has happened to me in this life is common to humans.  And it could have been much worse.

Maybe instead of feeling sorry for myself, I should focus on being grateful.  Because when you look at the balance sheet, the good things in my life far outweigh the pain.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.



- - - - - - - -

Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info

Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information

click here for Canada New England cruise info

No comments: