Sunday, May 20, 2018

consequences

So a week ago I posted some things about bad choices.  I talked about the folks who lost their homes that were built so close to the volcano.

A friend wrote in and asked, "so we shouldn’t pray or expect God to protect us if we go ahead n make bad decisions or NOT use common sense? Should we just expect that common consequences will occur?"

So I am a big believer in cause and effect. If I build my house by an active volcano, the outcomes are predictable. If I make bad decisions, the outcomes are predictable. If I make choices based on my brokenness, the results are predictable.
Dear God, I know that I am just a 
cat but if you save me from this 
moment I will never do this again.
I have made bad decisions.  We all have.  When we do, I think that we know what is coming.  There is no point to be mad at the police officer if you were speeding.  The consequences are deserved.  Instead of praying for protection from a ticket, we should be driving the speed limit.

Anyway, here is my suggestion for praying if you have made bad decisions.  "Dear Lord, you know that I messed this up.  I am sorry.  Please forgive me.  I know that there are likely consequences that may be coming my way.  I pray for grace.  Please do not give me what I deserve.  Please let me make it through this without the penalty.  But no matter what, I will trust you.  I know I put myself in this situation, and I will trust you no matter the outcome.  Amen."

I hope that helps.  Nothing wrong with asking for leniency from the IRS, nothing wrong with hoping for a warning from the police officer, but in all things we must put our trust in God and be prepared for the likely outcome.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com


- - - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....4 Night cruise from Port Canaveral to Key West and Havana, Cuba.
August 13-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/cc18081318h17768#eotours

Wesley's Ireland with optional London Extension
October 8-17, 2018
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/wesley-in-ireland-2018-with-rev-jeff-brinkman#.WqHrI7puLIU

Holy Land Tour - includes my favorite spots
with optional Jerusalem extension
March 4-13, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/files/uploads/HL19_G_Explorations.pdf

No comments: