Monday, January 9, 2012

muscle memory

Muscle memory.  A pitcher throws a ball so many times, that he just knows what to do.  A bowler throws the ball so many times that he can do it over and over again the same way.  Time after time.

I wonder if it works for brains?  Learning new ways to think.  New ways to look at the world.  New ways to respond to others.  If I find a new approach and I do it over and over and over, eventually it may become a part of me and be naturally integrated into my life.

Worrying less and seeing the good are two things that I would love to have imprinted forever in my brain's muscle memory.  I keep believing that if I stay with the program, then one day my natural inclination will not be to worry, but to trust.  I like it.  Thy kingdom come.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: