Sunday, January 29, 2012

winter

Sometimes people ask me to pray for good weather.  They want to save a cruise or a ball game or maybe they are just tired of rain, or they want some rain.  I always tell them, "I am in sales, not management."

And so it is January 29th and we have had a very very nice winter.  I want to carefully talk to God about this. 

Dear Father, I know I don't get a vote, but I did want to take a moment to tell you that I approve of winter so far this year.  Thanks.

Today I parked in the Pastor's spot on the far end of the parking lot and made my normal Sunday morning walk in the dark, across the parking lot, to the east entrance.  Today, January 29th, I made that walk without a jacket. 

I approve of winter.  So far.  I do understand that February still lies ahead of us, and you never know.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: