Saturday, March 27, 2021

random friend helps the needy

I have some friends who are always helping the needy. I have other friends where it kind of surprises me, in a good way to hear that they are helping the needy.

So my friend is driving in downtown Kansas City. The temperature is 10 degrees below zero. He sees a man on the side of the road with a sign asking for help. The man is wearing no gloves. My friend rolls down his window and says, "get in my car." The man gets in the car.



My friend takes him to Quick Trip. "Buy whatever you want to eat," he says.  Then he takes him to a motel and pays for three nights.


The man says, "I can't tell you when the last time was that I slept in a bed." He said thank you 30 times at least.  He said, "I can't tell you how long it has been since I have had a shower."

I have always loved this friend. But his stock went up in my book over this story.  Whatever you did for the least of these, you did it unto me.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: