Tuesday, March 30, 2021

the post that you never want to make

So I am in Kansas City working on Dave and Gina Harris's deck.  It is a big job and it is taking a long time.  Good news is that I am working with my long time friend Bruce Letner.  Such a great man.

So today we are on the deck and my phone rings.  It is my wife, Cathy.  We have already talked earlier [our morning talk] so I am wondering what is up.

There was an accident this morning at Scott's work.  He was cutting a board and the circular saw kicked back.  It went out of control.  It entered his right foot and crawled up his calf.  Several veins were cut and he was bleeding pretty badly.  The ambulance came and took him to Lawnwood Hospital in Ft. Pierce.

Initially there was some question about if his foot would be lost.  Thank God, the trauma surgeon saved his foot.  He will be in the hospital for several days.  He will be off work for I guess a month.

My friend Aaron Israelite reminded me that a parent's biggest fear is having something happen to one of their kids.

Good news.  He will be ok.  Life will go on.  And in his convalescence, his mom and dad will have the
opportunity to show him how much we love him.

Pray for my son Scott.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: