Friday, March 1, 2024

I saw them coming

Last week I was in the Charlotte airport... 


I saw them coming.  I noticed them.  I was going one way on the moving walkway.  They were going the other direction.  I didn’t know any of them.  I’ve never seen them before.  I’ll never see them again.  But for about five seconds,  I could’ve reached out and said hello or tried for a high five.  I thought "what if they’re all just the most delightful people?"  

How interesting that would be if every single one of those people in that line became my best friend. And then I thought - that’s probably how God thinks about  all of us...  I will bet that he is looking at us, reaching for us, and thinking good things. 

The people that we pass in this life matter.  Even if we only pass them briefly.  Treat them like your best friend.  Treat them as you would like to be treated [that's a Jesus thing].  They are not strangers, they are just friends that we have not yet met.




It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: