Tuesday, March 19, 2024

What is heaven like

I had this discussion with some dear friends the other night.

I believe in heaven.  I believe that when we die, we go there immediately.  To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

However, I do not believe that heaven is about pearly gates or streets of gold.  In my opinion, these are the efforts of a limited human to explain the unexplainable.  In fact, much of spirituality is like that... limited human beings trying to grasp, trying to understand, trying to explain that which is beyond our ability to do so.

If you are a reader of this blog, you probably have had some spiritual experiences in your life.  Things that have happened that you cannot explain... Otherworldly experiences. 

I felt the presence of my Dad in the room, even though he died years ago.  

I feel connected to these people in ways that I cannot explain but it is a spiritual thing.  

In my dream my grandmother spoke to me.  

Etc...

Otherworldly experiences are common to us.  That is because, in my opinion, there is a sixth dimension... just beyond our reach.  Just over the river.  Just through the veil.

It is my opinion that when we die, we move through the veil.  We become a part of something bigger than us, and quite amazing.  We are drawn into something that is complete and total love.  We find completeness.  We find our friends and loved ones... We find the answers to our questions... It feels like coming home.  Truly, it is totally well with my soul.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com



No comments: