Wednesday, October 7, 2026

acquisition mode

I read this phrase the other day... the author said, "I am no longer in acquisition mode."

I loved the thought.  I remember back many years ago when we just had to get more TV sets.  One for the basement.  One for the bedroom.  One for each kid.  Now a flat screen.  Now a this.  Now a that.

I finally stopped wanting TVs.  Was it because I grew up?  Was it because we finally had enough TV's?

I am not sure, but I recognized back then that I was no longer in acquisition mode.  I didn't need anything anymore.  Certainly not any more TV's.

Now in my life, when I get the notion that I must have a thing, I try to fight off the feeling.  My friend Jerry Alyea used to say, "lay down until the feeling goes away."

We have so much.  We don't need anything else.  In fact, much of what we have that we are not using could be donated or given to others.

May we all find joy in no longer being in acquisition mode.


It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - -

Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info

Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information

click here for Canada New England cruise info

No comments: