Tuesday, October 6, 2026

They Left us Everything

I am about half way through a book titled "They Left us Everything."  The author is Plum Johnson and it was recommended to me by my friend Kim.

I am really resonating with this book for several reasons:

1.  the author had a difficult childhood

2.  as she goes to clean out her parents house [after her mother's death] there is much reminiscing.

3.  I recognize that if I am not careful, I too will leave my children way to much to clean up.

I have been thinking about thinning out some of my stuff.  There are too many tools, too many hot wheel cars, too many books, on and on it goes.

I will be making some posts based on ideas from the book.  But let me begin with this... is there one room or closet that you can start on?

I started on the bathroom.  I filled up the trashcan twice with junk.  It felt good.

Simplify.  

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - -

Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info

Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information

click here for Canada New England cruise info


No comments: