Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Count Your Blessings

Count your blessings... name them one by one... count your blessings see what God has done.

The last time I filled the pulpit for Pastor Tim... late January as I recall... I remember saying the prayer over the offering.  I mentioned how many blessings that God had/has given to us.  I thought about counting them, right then and there.  But I didn't, it would take too long.

So since then I have been thinking... what would happen if we stopped what we were doing and started naming our blessings.  How long would it take?  Friends, I think that it would go on for hours... or at least it should.

It could get infectious.  Imagine the joyful work of listing your blessings one after another.  Keep going!  Keep doing it!  Keep thinking about them!  Keep giving thanks!

I am thankful for Joy Steincross.

I am thankful for a Wawa gift card.

I am thankful for a church home.

I am thankful for a computer.  for the ability to read.  For the opportunity to visit other countries.  For friends.  For a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  For a car that runs.  For work.  

I am thankful for my niece Taylor.  I am thankful for being able to go on a cruise.  I am thankful for Dave Harris.  I am thankful that someone missed me when I was gone.

I am thankful...

Friends... count your blessings.  Take a moment and start now.  Keep going.  It is good medicine for the soul.  It will make your heart happy.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com




No comments: