Friday, March 22, 2024

purpose

Someone mentioned looking for their life purpose.  Similar question... why am I here?

I used to raise kids... now they are gone.  What is my purpose?  I used to be married, now I am not.  What is my purpose.  I used to have this or that job.  I used to be a Pastor.  Now I don't have that job.  Why am I here?

People ask me from time to time [Back to the Future] how I handle the adjustment of not being a Pastor anymore.  After a bit of soul searching, here is where I have landed...

We are not put on this earth to be a construction worker, nurse, bus driver, teacher, pastor or engineer.  Those are things that we "do" while we are on the journey.  We are however, put on this earth to show love and kindness.  That is our purpose.  Every day, every where to every person.  To dogs and cats.  To the environment.  We are here for, our purpose is, to deliver love and kindness.

Interestingly, when we do that, we not only spread the joy, we are filled with joy ourselves.  If you feel like you are missing your purpose, go out and share more love and grace.

I may not be a pastor anymore, but I still have a purpose, and I know what it is, and just like you, I can exercise it every day.

Love and hugs to you.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.



No comments: