Sunday, March 3, 2024

remember these three words: tone, flower, car

I had my annual physical.  They sent a nurse practitioner to the house.  One of the things that she did was to give me a memory test.  She asked me to remember three words.  With all the issues with Alzheimer's floating around these days, I wonder from time to time.  Sometimes I will find myself in a room and wonder what I went in there for.  I like to say that I believe in the hereafter...  I have wandered into this room and now I don't know what I am here after.

After she asked me to remember the words, she did a number of things.  She took my blood pressure.  She asked me some health questions.  She made me draw the hands on a clock that said 3:30.  She was trying to distract me.

Then she asked me what the three words were.

Do you remember the three words?

I did.  But I repeated them to her backwards, on purpose.  Car, flower, tone.  She smiled and asked me if I was dyslexic.  Then I told her about the dyslexic atheist who kept saying, there is no such thing as a dog.  And then the dyslexic atheist sold his soul to Santa.

I hope that you remembered the three words.

May we all be blessed with sound minds and good memory.  If you have it, that is certainly something to be thankful for.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

- - - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland October 15-24, 2024.
click here for the brochure

If you have questions, feel free to email me at jsbrink57@gmail.com

No comments: