Thursday, January 3, 2013

Good Winter Days

It almost sounds like a contradiction......Good winter days.  An oxy-moron, two things that don't go together.  Good and winter days.

Well, yesterday was a good winter day.  No snow, no frozen pipes,  no wind, and temperatures warm enough to cause a bit of melting.  My favorite winter days are when the snow melts.  I keep hoping that we will have enough of them and then spring will be here.

Days over 32degrees in the dead of winter are like grace.  They are like a little light that shines in the darkness.  They are God's reminder that the darkest night means dawn is just in sight.

I hope you are enjoying the nice days of winter, because before this is over, we may have some difficult days as well.

And still, it is a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I read your blog this morning, I couldn't help but smile. I, too, marveled in the wonderful day yesterday...commenting several times to Jim how mild it felt with the sunshine, warmer temps, and no wind. Much appreciated by me and by you, surely by many.

Love your blog. Read it each morninng. Thanks for all your positive thoughts even in times when you, yourself, must be struggling. Always looking for the good. That's how it must be. It strengthens us each day to look for the positive!
M.A.