Friday, January 4, 2013

worrying

Worrying.  We all do it.  Well I guess I know some folks that don't.  But most of us do.

Someone said something about you.  Someone looked at you wrong.  Now, we are going to spend the rest of the day, the rest of the week, the rest of our lives worrying about it.  They have moved on, they don't care anymore, it has fallen off of their radar screen, but I am still thinking about it.

Someone left the church.  Someone stopped being a friend.  Someone won't shake your hand.

Do what you can to fix it, and then, let it go.  There is no reason to worry about things that you cannot control.  Worry robs us of the joy of living, it robs us of being able to focus on the good things.

There are so many more that still love you, that still are your friend, that will shake your hand.  Life is good.  Focus on the ones that are lovers, don't worry about  the ones that aren't.  You can't fix them anyway.  The only person you can do anything about is you.  So make a conscious choice to stop the worrying.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Tempering of the Spirit said...

Touche.. in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I guess the ones I love and was worried about can be prayed for. I can't change people, but can I shake them? lol I'm just joking. I still don't like your ways or 'Doug's,' but it's not my concern. I can't fix you. :)