Saturday, January 19, 2013

Love, fear and anger

A friend of mine tells me that the three cardinal emotions are love, fear and anger.  He says that they are like the primary colors.  Everything else falls out from them.

What do you love?  If it doesn't go your way with the thing or person that you love, you can become angry.  What do you fear?  Fear also leads to anger.

I made a mental list of my fears the other day.  It seemed to help.  It was like by calling them out, I reduced their power over me, or by calling them out for what they are, I was no longer angry about them.

Love, fear and anger.  May we all have less anger, less fear and more love.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. Something jumped out for me right away. And maybe this is a two edged sword.

Two of the three primary emotions are negative ones. Can this explain why in the normal course of life on this earth, we seem to frequently hit bumps in the road.

Conversely, maybe love is such a strong and powerful emotion, that there doesn't need to be two of them in the primary three. If this is so, then less (the love emotion) is actually more, if we learn to embrace it more than feeding our fear and anger emotions.

This also got me to wondering about the remaining list of emotions. How many positive, how many negative. Go ask your friend for us.

Thanks for the challenge to list our fears.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for some otheг informative website. Where
else may ϳust I get that type of infогmatiоn written in such а perfеct methоd?
I've a project that I'm simply nоw operating οn, and I hаѵе bееn аt the
look out for ѕuсh infоrmation.


my web page ... teen acne treatment