Sunday, December 15, 2013

funny or serious

There are some very serious issues in this world.  Injustice, hunger, starvation, death.  We should pray for all of them and do everything that we can to make a difference in the world.  Christians should be positively engaged in the world.

Yesterday I wrote a post about praying that it would not snow on the weekend so that we could all get to church.  I wrote it in a moment of levity.  I did not mean to demean or ignore the real issues of life that we should be praying about.  I was looking for a funny way to remind the Methodists that 1" of snow should not keep us  away from church.

This blog is not always going to be serious.  This blog is not a sermon.  It's about life, all of life.  Life has to have it's moments of levity.  I hope you allow yourself to enjoy and celebrate life without forgetting the weightier issues.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope no well-meaning serious person took you to task. I loved that post. Keep the funny and serious and anything in between coming. Everyone I know loves reading your posts.

Anonymous said...

Jeff, I think you chose a lighthearted and gentle way to remind us of our priorities. I loved your post....it touched me.