Friday, December 13, 2013

funny

I guess I used to be funnier.  When I was younger I was funnier.  More funny.  Funnier than I am now.  More funny things from the pulpit.  Some people miss that. 

Maybe I miss that too. 

Life has a way of wearing on you.  Real life, adult problems.  The innocence of youth is often tempered by the grinding cadence of adult problems.

The larger our church gets, the more problems I hear about.  It all takes it's toll.  But, just for fun, one of these days, I should tell a joke in church and play the guitar and sing.  What do you think?

Sometimes the best medicine is to remember the joy of lighter days.  Either way, it's all good.  Life is good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You still add some light and funny moments during your sermons, and people still like to find out where Jeff's preaching, so they can hear you.

But you did raise a point that's so real. I'm glad our church is a praying church, and a church where people can turn to in times of illness and problems. But virtually every time I receive the prayer list and updates, it is just overwhelming to see how many people have serious illness and tradgedy in their daily lives. Almost ever time it's discouraging. I know beyond a doubt that as a pastor you hear even more than what we see in print.

And you know God sees even more than all of us put together. What an awesome God to be able to see all this and have enough watchcare to go around.

It's such a serious world sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Please Jeff, give us advance notice of when the guitar & singing will take place!!! Just kidding!!!! Showing some sense of humor here!!!!!