Monday, December 2, 2013

three things

I rolled out of bed early the other day.  I had three things on my mind.  Three things.  In the middle of the night.  I can't stop thinking of them.  Over and over my mind is thinking about them.  I am dreaming, thinking of them.  No I am awake thinking of them.  I don't know for sure, but I can't stop thinking of them.  Three random things.  Here they are:
  1. I don't feel well.  They Mexican food from last night is upsetting my sleep.  No more green sauce for me.
  2. The movie Pitch Perfect.  The songs are going through my head.  "When you walk on by, will you call my name...."
  3. The sermon.  It's being preached in my head, over and over.  This is not a bad thing.
So, I couldn't take it anymore.  I rolled out of bed and got to work.  I took an antacid.  I sang some songs from the movie.  I worked on the sermon.  Finally, I am at peace and can get on with the day.

What do I take from this dumb little story?   Our minds are amazing.  Incredible.  They are certainly a gift from God if not a spiritual thing.  They are beyond our understanding.  To think that in the middle of the night, while I am sleeping, my brain is still working.  And on all kinds of things.  Amazing.

I pause in this moment to marvel at the wonder of our minds, our bodies, our lives.  Thank you God.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

1 comment:

Carol said...

This is crazy...actually I know this is God. I woke up over an hour ago from a dream or something where I was standing up on the hill at the Cliffs by the Discover Vision building, contemplating a decision I need to make and actually prayed about before bed. When I actually woke up...the thoughts I had were THE SIGN OF JONAH...It was discussed last night at BSF, the evidence God gives to us...and something happened back in May...three days in a row...God's evidence,after praying "thy will be done". I would really like to talk to you more about this. God gave me more evidence this week in a letter from my prisoner pen pal. And a phone call last night from an Angel Tree grandfather, who asked about you, and said he met you once. I invited him to come back. When God wakes you up...with THE SIGN OF JONAH...it is God's grace. ~ Carol