Sunday, July 28, 2019

on having enough

When we realize that we have enough, it opens the door for generosity. 

Yesterday's blog has fueled a good deal of email response. One that I thought was beautiful was this one...

As we have done the last couple of years, my granddaughter and I have gone shopping for school supplies. Her mother had given her money for supplies, but I offered to buy her a new back pack and some clothes. She said she had enough and really didn’t need anything new. (Pretty remarkable for an eleven year old girl getting ready for middle school!)
We then did my shopping for school supplies for the church back- to -school backpacks program. I had picked out tags for two girls that were my granddaughter's age. We had gotten all the supplies, and it was time to get the backpacks. I picked out a couple of medium-priced ones, but she reminded me that the ones I got last year were too small and had to be taken back. She then told me that we needed to get bigger backpacks. She went down the aisle to the expensive packs and found two lavender and white ones. She said, “Grandma, those girls would LOVE these backpacks. They are so pretty, and they are really nice and roomy and would hold everything.” I bit the bullet and bought them. They did look pretty and they held all the supplies, and they are very sturdy. I have never been happier turning in backpacks at church. I am grateful that we could afford to do this. I am so proud of my granddaughter who taught me a great lesson.

Generosity is always a beautiful thing.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.
Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com- - - - - - - -

I am leading a trip to Ireland next year. If you are interested in reading about it, or joining in, the link is below.....

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: