Wednesday, July 3, 2019

what are you attached to?

My friend Pat sent this in...

I learned something new yesterday and my world perspective took on a new dimension. I’ve always thought the most important word in the Bible is “with” not “love.”  God or Jesus don’t say “I love you” much, but they do say I am with you, or I will be with you.  And much of what Christ taught are life lessons on how to be with others.

What I never thought about was how that ties into your purpose in life. The sermon I heard yesterday defined purpose in terms of what you are connected to. Think about those items in the kitchen drawer that you can’t figure out their purpose? The answer is always what they connected with, what are they used for.  [an alien would never understand a hand can opener until he saw it open a can.]

So it is for you and me. Our purpose is defined by what we’re attached to, who we are with, and what we use ourselves for.

Christ wanted us to be with one another, especially if the other was in need (aren't we all in need from time to time?)

If you’re wondering what life is all about, ask yourself what you’re attached to and who you’re with. If you don’t like where you are, maybe you’re attached to the wrong things.

It's a beautiful day in God's world be sure to see the good.Send replies to jsbrink57@gmail.com

- - - - - - - -

I am leading some trips this year and next. If you are interested in reading about them, or joining in, the links are below.....

Paris-Normandy River Cruise
October 23-31, 2019
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/rc19102319x17768#.W3avNFJK3cs

Holy Land Trip leaving January 20, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/hl20012020g17768#eotours

Treasures of Ireland
July 13-22, 2020
http://www.eo.travelwithus.com/tours/ir20071320a17768#eotours

No comments: