Tuesday, August 4, 2020

reward

When I graduated from high school I got a card from a friend.
On the cover it said, "For your graduation I was going to give you cash."
On the inside it said, "But wisdom is it's own reward."

I think that the card was meant to be funny, and it was, but the phrase "wisdom is it's own reward" has always stuck with me.

There are a number of things in life that are their own reward.  But I often think that kindness is it's own reward.  Doing something good, gracious or kind for someone is enough.  Just the act fills us up.  I don't need the server to say thank you for a large tip.  I don't need my neighbor to say thanks for me hauling off their trash.

Sometimes we may wish people were more appreciative, but really, kindness is it's own reward.
We were created for the purpose of treating each other with kindness.  That's why it feels so good.

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: