Monday, October 14, 2024

I'm not that great of a person

Sometimes when I tell a friend how wonderful they are, or if I tell them that they are awesome, or if I tell them that they are one of my favorite humans, they say things like this...

"I'm not that great of a person."

"If you only knew the dark parts"

And to these responses I say, "peshaw!!!"  Ridiculous.  I am not listening to it.  I am not hearing it.

I see you.  I am not blind.  I know that you have good and less good attributes.  But there is something inside of me that just thinks that you are great.

Take it.  Accept it.   Stop fighting it.  Absorb it.  

Someone loves you.

You are amazing.  Dark parts and all.  You are loved, you are wonderful, you are amazing!!!  And by the way, that is how God feels about you too.  

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: