Wednesday, October 2, 2024

sunscreen

When was sunscreen invented?  It wasn't around when I was a kid.  At least commercially like it is now.

I read up on this topic.  Evidently different tribes and cultures have used different compounds for many years.

Commercially, with the SPB rating, they started showing up in the 1970's.  As a child, I was allergic to the sun and in the summer, I suffered if I did not stay in the shade.  [it was that Scottish skin that I inherited from my father...]

I for one am thankful for the invention of readily available sunscreen.  I know that this sounds like a silly thing or a simple thing to be thankful for, but there was a time when I did not have this product.

What are you thankful for today?

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to see the good.

No comments: