David Burns passed away suddenly last week.
The first Sunday that I walking into the First United Methodist Church in Ft. Pierce, David was there. He never missed a Sunday.
I hear that he lived in a tent behind the Shell station. He rode a bicycle. He was my age. I don't know if he had a family. I would like to find out.
The last few years, David had been helping as a church usher. He helped receive the offering and take the attendance. I thought it was great that our church welcomed and deployed a marginalized person. I wish that more churches were good at this.
But if you met David, you would not have felt that he was marginalized. He always seemed happy. Happy with himself, happy with you and happy with life.
He will be missed.
We never know which day will be our last. Live each one to the fullest.
It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.
- - - - - - - -
Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info
Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information
No comments:
Post a Comment