Sunday, August 9, 2026

Miserable

Recently I was on a flight to Louisville.  The flight attendant that took care of our section seemed particularly miserable.  She didn't smile.  She would not look at you.

I wondered.  Is she sick?  Is there bad news in her life?  Who knows.

Finally when she was serving drinks I was able to engage her and ask her about her day.  She unloaded a heart full of misery.  Nasty customers, flight delays...

We talked a bit... She smiled.  I think.

I thought about the book "Fish" About the Fish market in Seattle, where the employees are happy.  The culture there is focused on play, being present and making someone's day.

Culture is so important.  Those at the top create it, and those at the top can destroy it.

Each of us have power to create culture.  By how we treat others, by what we allow, by what we celebrate and how we look at people.

What are you contributing to the culture of the world around you???

It's a beautiful day in God's world, be sure to be the good.

- - - - - - - -
Sherri Swanson and I are leading a trip to New Zealand January 30-Feb 12, 2027
If you want to sign up, you can use my host number 17768 or Sherri's 57707
Here is a link for more information
Click here for New Zealand Info

Sherri Swanson and I are also leading a Canada/New England cruise in September of 2027
Here is the link for more information

click here for Canada New England cruise info

No comments: