Thursday, February 18, 2016

equipping myself


The Tuesday morning men’s group just concluded a six week study on world religions. The idea to do so was prompted by an earlier visit/talk made to the group by a foreign exchange student from Pakistan.  A culture was brought to us and it sparked interest and questions. So the men’s group did a comparative study of the world’s major religions, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Judaism and Christianity. A conversation was facilitated each week and many good questions and answers were shared. It was informative and enlightening. Personally I benefited. I have been in conversations in the past where it was asked of me why Christianity and not this one or that one. Of course my answer always came from my perspective and understanding of my faith. 

There are truths in all of these religions and differences that don’t agree with the Christian faith.  I certainly don’t profess to know these religions in any great depth but I feel better equipped now to have a more productive conversation. Not to beat down or sway but to share. The spirit will do the rest.

Peace,

Lion’s Den Man 

No comments: